4/10/2020

Binge Watching Sci Fi

I know its been a couple of weeks, but this time last week I turned 65, and was concerned with other things besides writing.  (Like groceries and toilet paper!)  But I digress....  I've be reading a lot about during this pandemic and social distancing, its the perfect time to be "binge watching" old sci fi series.  Maybe for some folks, but not me.  There have been a lot of shows over the years that I have dearly loved, but after 2, or maybe, 3 episodes I'm ready to give it a rest and read, or watch something else.  I just get tired of it.   This past Sunday, SyFy Network ran a "Sharknado" marathon.  I've seen 'em all, and enjoyed them all.  But not 6 in a row.  Another network was running the first 6 Star Wars movies, and yet another all the Harry Potter movies.  But, as someone wiser than I once stated, "Moderation in all things."

I have been catching up on my sci fi watching.  Yesterday I watched "Starship Troopers 3" and today the animated/CGI "Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars".  Now I had previously seen the first two (with the first being the best) and I (last year) re-read Heinlein's book.  If you haven't read it, you should.  One of the SF masters at his finest.  Much more to the story than ANY of the movies.

I just, like 10 minutes ago, finished reading a 30+ year old ST:TNG novel titled "Survivors" by Jean Lorrah.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and it is now available to be claimed on Bookmooch.  It focuses on LT Tasha Yar (Security Chief of the Enterprise) and some of her backstory.  Its a good, quick read with much of your brain in park.

Stay safe!  Live Long and Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment